Monday, July 26, 2010

Kringla

Today I broke out my new KitchenAid mixer! I love it! Now I want to bake every day which would only lead to a growing waistline, so I will refrain. Today I baked Kringla. It is a recipe shared with me by Jason's grandma Darlys. When Jason and I were first dating I remember him having a huge baggie of these little puppies. Thanks to his mother and grandmothers he had more baked goods than anyone I knew in the dorms. I found these Kringla to be strangely irresistible. Only slightly sweet, with a delicious texture. This was my first attempt at rolling the dough and shaping it into a pretzel which was much harder than it looked. After a pan full of misshapen, yet tasty cookies, I got the technique down. I must say I earned a new respect for all of the rolling and shaping Darlys does before each trip to Colorado to ensure that all of her grandchildren will have their fair share of this treat. Now, after several rounds of baking, I have a huge tupperware full of Kringla. Jason will be pleasantly surprised when he gets home from work. Enjoy these photos of my inaugural baking experience as a wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment