Sunday, August 21, 2011

Twas the night before school started...

I started to write a little rhyming poem but it was too much, so this is all I've got. It is the second year that Jason is getting his notebooks organized and his backpack packed for class in the morning without me. I must say the first day of each school year is something I have always treasured and it is hard for me to believe I have been out in the "real world" for more than a year now. Maybe it is growing up with a mom who is a teacher, but there is something I really enjoy about the school year. I love buying school supplies and writing on divider tabs attempting to begin the year in an organized fashion. I basically had to force Jason to buy any school supplies and he only needed a total of about $5 of items, how practical he is. There is something that I miss about going to school that I just don't get going to work every day. I really enjoy my job, but sometimes in a sick and twisted way I kind of miss homework. Perhaps this is why I always like to check in on how Jason's homework is coming and boy does he really love that :) We have had a nice summer finale and so I guess we are ready to get back to the school year schedule. I took some time off of work last week and we visited Ikea and just did some well deserved relaxing. We spent some time with my family and recently visited Jason's family as well. So, here's to another school year and another work year - I guess we are ready!



A takeaway quote from my mother yesterday : "Respect is more important than being right." Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment