Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The latest...

Nothing too eventful has happened in our lives lately. We have had several good weeks since my last post. Tyler came to stay with us for the weekend. We had a nice, relaxed time with him despite the lack of groceries in our house. We visited Amanda in Wyoming and saw her very cute apartment. I am so excited for her that she has such a nice place to live! She seems to be enjoying her year. Jason gets to work more hours at work which we have been hoping for, so that helps solve some money dilemmas for us. For the past several weeks we have been in sort of a money rut. Now, with two nursing paychecks under our belt, we are able to really buy groceries! We have again had some delicious food adventures. We made pretzels for the second time and ate them with bratwurst for a real "Oktoberfest." We played our own "chopped challenge" which is a little game we modeled after the Food Network show Chopped. Our challenge left us with some delicious chicken, sweet rice and fried ice cream complete with a flambee! I would say we have settled in to married life quite well. We have developed a weekend routine of cleaning and laundry and if you saw our bedrooms before we were married, I am sure you would be impressed with how clean our room continues to be.

I started my new job over a month ago now and it is going well. It is fairly overwhelming and there is lots to learn, but I am enjoying it. Jason is still enjoying his classes and has his first round of exams coming up soon. Perhaps my greatest accomplishment over the past few weeks (and quite possibly my lifetime) is the fact that I have a 3-0 record on my fantasy football teams. Yes, my husband taught me all I know but I feel quite proud of my ability to continually win each week. I am currently ranked in the top in both of my leagues :) Some of you may have never thought you would see the day that I would even know what 1st and 10 means...but here it is folks. Really, I still have no idea what is happening half the time but I at least know if I am going to gain or lose fantasy points which is really all that matters in my football world. The best part of the whole thing is I have earned aout 1000 wife points which is pretty great :)

1 comment:

  1. You guys are too cute for words!! I'm so happy that married life, and all that goes along with that, is suiting you so well. Have a happy
    'fall' week. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete