Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A real nurse

Finally, after 4 years of school and a busy summer I have begun my job as a "real nurse." I am now a perioperative nurse and, after completing my week in sterile processing, will begin in my OR classes next week. There is so much to learn and I am excited to take it all in! Also, I would just like to add that a job where I get to wear a hat all day was clearly made for me :)

Jason began his grad classes last week. He likes all of them so far and is thankful that his books finally arrived from Amazon. He has lots of reading to keep up with, but he seems to be enjoying the format and structure of his classes.
Today, our BluRay complete series of LOST arrived. Jason, clearly, is thrilled! It came in a really neat box with special features, a game and a mysterious blacklight (use still TBD). Also eventful this week was a plumbing situation. Last night, our toilet sprung a leak. The head of a bolt rusted through and came apart, leaving a hole in the toilet tank. Jason quickly jumped to action and turned off the water, so after saturating about 5 towels all was well. Today he made a trip to Lowes to repair our toilet, I am very proud of his handyman skills!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sarah! My niece, Linnea, graduated from UNC about two years ago. She is now a nurse in the US Air Force at Andrews AFB. I'm very proud of you and I know you will make an awesome nurse. You and your husband make an awesome couple!!

    ReplyDelete