Monday, August 9, 2010

A Sifrit Adventure

This past weekend, we went on a road trip to Iowa with Jason's family to celebrate his grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. The drive was long, humorous and filled with a wide array of music choices. Tyler's dance moves definately enhanced the drive for me. On Saturday, we went out on a big pontoon boat with the whole Sifrit clan. It was a very nice day. It was hot, but minimally humid. The state park we were in was beautiful! We floated around the lake for a couple of hours, stopped to grill for lunch and then hopped back on the boat. We rented some little boats that held two people and took turns riding and switching drivers in the middle of the lake...slightly trecherous. We had a great time! At the end of the day, nearly all of us jumped in to the lake for a little swim. There was a little "salad"(in Jason's words) in the lake, but a little algae never hurt anyone. I really enjoyed getting to spend some relaxed time with the whole gang. In the evening, we ordered a TON of pizza to feed our hungry stomachs. We did some serious damage to three jumbo taco pizzas...good work everyone. Jason also got to eat some cinnamon rolls and kuchen that his grandma made, definatley one of the highlights of his trip! The next day, we attended the Lebo family brunch. It was fun to share our wedding pictures and meet some more of the extended family. Jason and I both enjoyed the time with his family this weekend!
On another note, my family has been on a New Mexico vacation for the past couple of weeks. I missed them! My mom sent us a postcard from White Sands and I remembered how much I love visiting sand dunes. Sledding, writing your name in the sand, finding huge beetles crawling on the sand...so much fun! I can't believe Seth will be in high school this year. He is turning out to be quite cute and I am really enjoying him more and more as he gets older. Love ya little bro!

Seth, Jason and me when we first started dating almost 4 years ago.

Seth, cousins and me a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment